Multi-line comments in Erlang

Zvi zvi.avraham@REDACTED
Mon Dec 13 10:40:55 CET 2010

Please,

no need to turn this into religious war and no need to imply that your
process or software engineering practices are better than mine. If
majority of people doesn't like multiline/HEREDOC comments - so be it.

I have no idea, why people imply, that I should use emacs/vim or that
I use multiline comments to comment executable code or that I don't
use git or ClearCase.

Language design usually doesn't have anything to do with editors,
IDEs, DVCS or your organization coding conventions. Unless it's some
kind of exotic language fused into IDE/executable environment.

The reason I posted this is because I found out, that Matlab/Octave
supports this style of comment (%{ ... %}), even that it's IDE has
perfect support for commenting and uncommenting entire sections of
source files with end of line comments (... % COMMENT).
Now Matlab is not the best example of programming language, but I
think in this particular feature they did it right.

Zvi