[erlang-questions] Is there an Erlang based Graphiz-like program.

Alain O'Dea alain.odea@REDACTED
Sat Dec 11 03:08:15 CET 2010

On Friday, December 10, 2010, G.S. <corticalcomputer@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of an Erlang based Graphiz-like program, and if not, what
> is the best/easiest way to interface an Erlang program with Graphiz?
>
> Regards,
> -Gene

I was unable to find any direct support application for GraphViz.

Ulf Wiger posted about this back in '08:
http://www.erlang.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi/4/32863

His post talks about generating GraphViz DOT files from Erlang Xref output.

You may also find graph_draw useful:
http://cean.process-one.net/packages/index.yaws?action=detail&name=graph_draw

An alternative I recommend is to use JInterface to communicate with a
Java process that uses
http://www.loria.fr/~szathmar/off/projects/java/GraphVizAPI/index.php
(Java GraphViz API).

See http://concise-software.blogspot.com/2009/08/concise-howtos-message-from-java-to.html
and http://concise-software.blogspot.com/2009/08/concise-howtos-message-from-erlang-to.html
for starting points on integrating Java and Erlang/OTP :)