[erlang-questions] Is there an Erlang based Graphiz-like program.

Alain O'Dea <>
Sat Dec 11 03:08:15 CET 2010

On Friday, December 10, 2010, G.S. <> wrote:
> Hello,
> Does anyone know of an Erlang based Graphiz-like program, and if not, what
> is the best/easiest way to interface an Erlang program with Graphiz?
> Regards,
> -Gene

I was unable to find any direct support application for GraphViz.

Ulf Wiger posted about this back in '08:

His post talks about generating GraphViz DOT files from Erlang Xref output.

You may also find graph_draw useful:

An alternative I recommend is to use JInterface to communicate with a
Java process that uses
(Java GraphViz API).

See http://concise-software.blogspot.com/2009/08/concise-howtos-message-from-java-to.html
and http://concise-software.blogspot.com/2009/08/concise-howtos-message-from-erlang-to.html
for starting points on integrating Java and Erlang/OTP :)