[Job] Social games server engineer - Berlin

Paolo Negri paolo.negri@REDACTED
Mon Dec 6 16:00:32 CET 2010

Hi Everyone,

Wooga is a European startup based in Berlin operating in the social
game business, since when the company launched the growth has been
very strong and steady, we're looking to build up our technical team.

We currently have 2 published games with more than one million daily
users each and we're working hard to launch a few more.
Our competitors are big American companies like Zynga, Playdom, or Playfish.

We have very interesting technical challenges to solve, some numbers
from our live systems are 5 millions SQL + NoSQL queries per minute,
5000 http requests per second and a read/write balance close to 50/50.

We're looking for backend engineers to help build our actor based
server, you'll be working on the team pioneering erlang in the company
so you must feel comfortable explaining others what you're doing.

Specifically we're looking for someone who already has experience in
building from the ground up OTP applications and has previous
experience in running distributed erlang systems.

Each game is made in a small multidisciplinary team with typically 2
to 3 backend developers, we have a strict no nonsense policy, we
believe in good test coverage and we have the freedom to decide how to
host, deploy and operate our systems.

We are currently evaluating candidates for both contracting or
permanent positions, telecommute is not an option so you'll need to
work in our nice office in the city center of Berlin.

Check us out on http://www.wooga.com and send your application either
directly to me paolo.negri@REDACTED or follow the instructions on
http://www.wooga.com/jobs

Kind Regards

Paolo Negri

--
Engineering
http://www.wooga.com | phone +49-30-8962 5058  | fax +49-30-8964 9064

wooga GmbH | Saarbruecker Str. 38 | 10405 Berlin | Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin; HRB 117846 B
Registergericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Jens Begemann, Philipp Moeser