[erlang-questions] mailing list "reply to"

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Mon Dec 6 00:50:41 CET 2010

On 4/12/2010, at 4:13 PM, Jesse Gumm wrote:

> For me, it makes more sense to mangle the reply-to header since 99% of
> the time, I'm replying to the mailing list rather than do the
> individual.

In that case, Reply All does *everything* you need with no need to
harm other people by mangling the Reply-To field.

> It makes more sense to me to make the default behavior be
> the most common behavior.

I see the following buttons:
	Delete,Junk;  Reply,Reply All,Forward;  New Message;  Note,To Do.
There isn't isn't any such animal as default behaviour.
If I want a private reply (which I often do), I click on Reply.
Mangling Reply-to would BREAK that, as well as violating RFC 2822.
If I want a public reply (which I often do), I click on Reply All.
*NEITHER* of these is a default.

Why do you want to take easy choice away from me?
What did I ever do to harm you?