[erlang-questions] Implementation of a 2006 version of Wichmann-Hill random number generator for Erlang/OTP

Kenji Rikitake kenji.rikitake@REDACTED
Wed Dec 1 13:56:50 CET 2010

Richard (and all):

Your idea below looks fine to me.

I'd appreciate if I could take a look at your code for the random module
with multiple choice of algorithms.

A NIF to pick up some bytes from /dev/urandom on UNIX (and from an
equivalent API on Windows) will be a nice addition.

Just for clarification (correct me if I'm wrong):

uniform() value range:
   0.0 =< uniform() < 1.0
uniform(N) when N = integer() value range:
   1 =< uniform(N) <= N

I guess I can put my SFMT generators in this framework.

Regards,
Kenji Rikitake

In the message <702DC514-B93F-4B18-A95C-071D9022A9E9@REDACTED>
dated Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 02:57:41PM +1300,