[erlang-questions] Let's start a project for a (MMO-)Game in Erlang... (inspired by "Erlang: Who uses it for games?")

Mojito Sorbet mojitotech@REDACTED
Wed Aug 25 13:56:56 CEST 2010

I have been working on some ideas in this area, not using the croquet
model, but something more centralized like OpenSim and SecondLife.  The
implementations of those virtual world systems have serious scalability
problems because they tie inworld "geography" to fixed compute
resources.  My project investigates ways to get around that.

So far I have the basic world simulator application, a network-access
application, and a viewer, all written in Erlang.   The viewer uses
OpenGL and wxWidgets.

You can read about it at http://github.com/msorbet/ConWorld

I am currently trying to get the documentation to catch up to the
code. :)

My focus is not on making any particular game, but on looking at
scalability issues, including dynamic use of additional compute
resources.