[erlang-questions] very large distributed implementation?

Mitchel Constantin mythicalbox@REDACTED
Tue Aug 17 10:02:38 CEST 2010

Facebook's Chat system was developed using Erlang.

http://www.process-one.net/en/blogs/article/facebook_chat_is_developed_in_erlang
From: erlang-questions@REDACTED [erlang-questions@REDACTED] on behalf of Miles Fidelman [mfidelman@REDACTED]
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 2:15 PM
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: [erlang-questions] very large distributed implementation?

Our of somewhat less than academic curiousity, are there any good
examples of very large distributed systems written in Erlang -
specifically systems consisting of 100s to 1000s of computing nodes?

I'm looking at several applications along the lines of SETI@REDACTED and
distributed.net, that take the background cycles, from very large
numbers of machines, and turn them into a gridded processing environent.

It strikes me that Erlang should make a very nice platform for such an
environment.  I wonder if anyone has actually done anything on this scale.

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman