[erlang-questions] very large distributed implementation?

Mitchel Constantin <>
Tue Aug 17 10:02:38 CEST 2010

Facebook's Chat system was developed using Erlang.

http://www.process-one.net/en/blogs/article/facebook_chat_is_developed_in_erlang
From:  [] on behalf of Miles Fidelman []
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 2:15 PM
Subject: [erlang-questions] very large distributed implementation?

Our of somewhat less than academic curiousity, are there any good
examples of very large distributed systems written in Erlang -
specifically systems consisting of 100s to 1000s of computing nodes?

I'm looking at several applications along the lines of  and
distributed.net, that take the background cycles, from very large
numbers of machines, and turn them into a gridded processing environent.

It strikes me that Erlang should make a very nice platform for such an
environment.  I wonder if anyone has actually done anything on this scale.

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman