[erlang-questions] [ANN] ntop - A top-like tool for monitoring Erlang nodes

Mazen Harake mazen.harake@REDACTED
Mon Aug 16 09:21:36 CEST 2010

  Thanks for the feedback; You are both right. I'll consider erltop but
I want to avoid "erl" in the name because I think it is corny :P
I'll give it a day to think about it :)

Regarding the wxErlang UI; it would defeat the purpose of why I created
this. The main point of the tools I create is that they are to be used
in an environment where you only have shell access and no GUI
environment. I'm adressing the scenario of when you ssh to the server
(or ssh to a gateway then ssh to another gateway then ssh to the server
that hosts the server; it is pretty common :)) and run "ntop" there and
you get the information in your terminal.

It would be, however, cool if someone decided to rip out the viewer and
replace it with a wxErlang frontend instead; that is why it is free
software :)

Thanks,

/Mazen