[erlang-questions] automatically net-configuring node with net_kernel:start/1

Anthony Molinaro <>
Sat Apr 10 21:51:42 CEST 2010

You might check out nodefinder

It provides various mechanisms for self configuration including multicast,
ec2 tools or s3.

These all end up using net_adm:ping to join the group, so probably would
not exhibit the problems you are seeing.

We used this quite extensively in ec2, to dynamically grow and shrink
our erlang cluster.