limit on ets:select/3

Ulf Wiger <>
Tue Apr 6 16:04:05 CEST 2010

By chance, I stumbled upon this particular limitation in ets:select/3:

** exception exit: badarg
      in function  ets:select/3
         called as ets:select(16400,[{{'$1'},[],['$1']}],628091364)

It seems as if the upper bound for the select limit is 134217727,
that is, no bignums accepted.

It's not a practical problem in my case, and I can feel that it's
justified, but is it documented anywhere?

Ulf W
Ulf Wiger
CTO, Erlang Solutions Ltd, formerly Erlang Training & Consulting Ltd