[erlang-questions] Mnesia deadlock with large volume of dirty operations?

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Fri Apr 2 09:19:10 CEST 2010

When you are using dirty, every operation is sent separately to all nodes,
i.e. 192593*6 messages, actually a transaction could have been faster
in this case.
With one message (large) containing all ops to each node.

What you get is an overloaded mnesia_tm (very long msg queues),
which do the actual writing of the data on the other (participating
mnesia nodes).

So transactions will be blocked waiting on mnesia_tm to process those 200000
messages on the other nodes.

/Dan