[erlang-questions] Re: [erlang-bugs] Re: [erlang-questions] wx fails to build on Snow Leopard

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Mon Sep 7 11:55:47 CEST 2009

>>> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Steve Vinoski<vinoski@REDACTED>
>>> wrote:
>>> What was "quite a while"? 10 minutes? 30 minutes?
A small aside.  You should really leave compilations like this for an
hour before giving up (and watch the memory usage in the meantime).
If it's taking up CPU, it's probably just pathological compilation
behavior.

In my halcyon days at university, bootstrapping GCC on the default AIX
compiler on one of the departmental machines would snag on a certain
file.  I eventually discovered that it would take 45 minutes to
compile.  The second time around (when it rebuilds the compiler with
itself) would still take 6 minutes.  I killed that build a dozen times
before I figured out that it was really working.

--
Jayson Vantuyl
kagato@REDACTED