wx fails to build on Snow Leopard

Steve Vinoski vinoski@REDACTED
Wed Sep 2 17:10:47 CEST 2009

I'm seeing that the wx part of the Erlang/OTP build doesn't work on OS X
10.6 (Snow Leopard). I don't use wx so it's no big deal to me, but I'm
seeing the g++ compiler appear to hang when compiling
lib/wx/c_src/gen/wxe_funcs.cpp. I let it run quite awhile and it never got
past that point, but my laptop fans were running full blast so I wonder if
the compilation got stuck in an infinite loop. If I manually edit wx out of
the lib/Makefile, then everything builds and seems to work as normal. There
are also lots of compilation warnings in the wx area due to deprecation of
some APIs being used and due to string constants being passed as char*.
--steve