[erlang-questions] Interesting style i haven't seen....

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Fri Oct 30 21:34:16 CET 2009

2009/10/30 Mihai Balea <mihai@REDACTED>

> On Oct 30, 2009, at 1:22 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>  "When applied to a number N of arguments, a tuple
>> {Module,FunctionName} is interpreted as a fun, referring to the
>> function FunctionName with arity N in the module Module. The function
>> must be exported. This usage is deprecated. See Function Calls for an
>> example."
>>

> I've always wondered why that particular syntax quirk is being deprecated.
> I think it's neat.

They are a remenent from the bad old days when erlang was less functional
than it is today and we didn't have funs This was a hack and has no reason
for existence now that we do have funs.

Robert