[erlang-questions] excute code in the supervisor when a child crashes?

Pablo Platt pablo.platt@REDACTED
Mon Oct 19 19:40:55 CEST 2009

Why having an even handler is better then just monitoring the child processes?
How will the event manager be informed of crashed child processes?

________________________________
From: Roberto Aloi <roberto.aloi@REDACTED>
To: Pablo Platt <pablo.platt@REDACTED>
Cc: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Sent: Mon, October 19, 2009 7:23:02 PM
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] excute code in the supervisor when a child crashes?

Hi Pablo,

what you actually need is an event handler. More information here:
http://www1.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/events.html
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/gen_event.html

One approach could be to append a handler process to your supervisor, managing the ets table whenever one of the children crash.
Regards,

Roberto Aloi
roberto.aloi@REDACTED
http://www.erlang-consulting.com