[erlang-questions] Erlang on Windows from USB

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Mon Nov 30 22:02:08 CET 2009

Hi,

>From Erlang/OTP R13B02 the erl.ini file in the erl.5.7.x\bin directory
is no longer necessary.
If erl.ini exist it is used but if you remove it you can drop the file
tree erl.5.7.x anywhere in the file system.

I suggest that you install Erlang on an USB and then delete or rename
the erl.ini file.
After having done that you don't need any extra scripts, just start
werl.exe or erl.exe no matter what
drive -letter your USB is mounted to.

/Kenneth, Erlang/OTP Ericsson