[erlang-questions] Trapexit Open Source Erlang Project Crawler

Péter Szilágyi peter.szilagyi@REDACTED
Mon Nov 30 20:19:02 CET 2009

Actually SourceForge also has Bazaar... I remember because it was a pain to add :P

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dmitry Vasiliev" <dima@REDACTED>
To: "Péter Szilágyi" <peter.szilagyi@REDACTED>
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 7:14:19 PM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Trapexit Open Source Erlang Project Crawler

Péter Szilágyi wrote:
> Currently there aren't any plans on extending the crawler. If there
> is need for it we could consider it, but after a quick look through,
> I've found only 21 Erlang projects on Launchpad, many of which are
> already hosted elsewhere too. Should that number rise I'd be willing
> to extend it, but for a handful of projects I don't think the
> benefits outweigh the "costs" (development + maintenance time).
>
> Still if you have a very good reason why I should implement it, I'm
> looking forward to hearing it :).

The main reason that Launchpad is the only hosting site which support
Bazaar DVCS (http://bazaar-vcs.org/en/). Currently Bazaar users feel
yourself orphaned in the Erlang world. :-)

Maybe it's still a good idea to release the crawler as open source if
you need help with development/maintenance? Or you can just open some
"plugin API" so for example I can create an Erlang module(s) which
implements crawler logic for Launchpad.

--
Dmitry Vasiliev <dima at hlabs.spb.ru>
http://hlabs.spb.ru