[erlang-questions] Re: [erlang-patches] What's cooking in erlang/otp

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Sun Nov 29 09:00:48 CET 2009

2009/11/29 Anthony Shipman <als@REDACTED>:

> How does git and github do it whereas subversion fails?

Michael Richter and Alpár Jüttner emails explain why
*git* does it.

I'll just add that because of *github*, we didn't even have to set
up a server with our own public git repository. That's one headache
less. If we would have used Subversion (or any centralized VCS),
we would have had to set up our own server and then worry
about how it would scale when the numbers of users grew.