[erlang-questions] Read from a compressed "GZIP" file

Vinayak Pawar vinayakapawar@REDACTED
Fri Nov 27 16:26:04 CET 2009

Z = zlib:open(),
zlib:inflateInit(Z, 31),

% hopefully everything fits in memory
% if file size is big, you can do this read and inflate in chunks

CompressedBin = file:read_file(Filename),

Uncompressed = zlib:inflate(Z, CompressedBin),

zlib:inflateEnd(Z),
zlib:close(Z).

Hope this helps!

Thanks,