[erlang-questions] mnesia:transform_table

Håkan Mattsson hawk.mattsson@REDACTED
Wed Nov 25 14:40:21 CET 2009

It looks like you have done the right thing. Perhaps you have
simplified your code too much in order to post it on the list?

I tried to reproduce your error, but it worked for me.
See the printouts and the test program below.

/Håkan

16> foo:go(foo).
Before: [{old,7,49},
         {old,6,36},
         {old,4,16},
         {old,1,1},
         {old,9,81},
         {old,10,100},
         {old,8,64},
         {old,2,4},
         {old,3,9},
         {old,5,25}]
Before: [{new,7,49,42},
         {new,6,36,42},
         {new,4,16,42},
         {new,1,1,42},
         {new,9,81,42},
         {new,10,100,42},
         {new,8,64,42},
         {new,2,4,42},
         {new,3,9,42},
         {new,5,25,42}]
ok

-module(foo).
-compile([export_all]).

-record(old, {key, val}).
-record(new, {key, val, extra}).

go(Tab) ->
    mnesia:delete_table(Tab),
    {atomic, ok} = mnesia:create_table(Tab, [{attributes,
record_info(fields, old)},
					     {record_name, old}]),
    [mnesia:dirty_write(Tab, #old{key = K, val = K*K}) || K <- lists:seq(1,10)],
    io:format("Before: ~p\n", [ets:tab2list(Tab)]),
    Transformer =
	fun(#old{key = Key, val = Val}) ->
		#new{key = Key, val = Val, extra = 42}
	end,
    {atomic, ok} = mnesia:transform_table(Tab, Transformer,
					  record_info(fields, new),
					  new),