[erlang-questions] Erlang crypto_drv in R13B02/03 fails to load on amd64-Solaris2.10

Peter-Henry Mander phmander@REDACTED
Mon Nov 23 14:59:30 CET 2009

Hi Robby,

(Long time no speak. How've you been?)

No, I carefully tried to manually run the commands to load the driver
as they are in crypto_server.erl, and checked the paths used. So I'm
confident that the correct crypto_drv.so is being loaded.

I have another piece of the puzzle:
gcc -64 -G  -o ../priv/lib/i386-pc-solaris2.10/crypto_drv.so ../priv/obj/i386-pc
-solaris2.10/crypto_drv.o  /Software/openssl-0.9.8i/lib/libcrypto.a
gcc: unrecognized option '-64'

This is the same link command issued by the Makefile, regardless of
whether the linker is GNU ld or Solaris ld. The configure script seems
to assume that one size fits all.

I'm going to try ./configure --without-gnu-ld
--with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld just to see if this hint is picked up by the
configure script.

Pete.