[erlang-questions] couchdb in Karmic Koala

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Thu Nov 19 15:51:52 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Dmitry Belyaev <rumata-estor@REDACTED> wrote:
> 1) ps -A | grep couchdb

>   or
> 2) /etc/init.d/couchdb {start|stop|status}

No such file (on my system)

> 3) sure you can if you database name will not interfere any other
>
> As I remember couchdb package depends on erlang. So it may be installed
> as always in /usr/bin and /usr/lib/erlang

Right - seems to contain a stripped down OTP

This should mean that *anybody* running Karmic Koala can just type
"erl" to get an erlang up and running, and compile away etc?

/Joe