[erlang-questions] init.d script and a control script for starting an erlang app on boot in ubuntu

Garry Hodgson garry@REDACTED
Mon Nov 16 21:23:29 CET 2009

Matt Stancliff wrote:

>   The best setup I've found for node scripting is from rabbitmq:
>     Control script:
> http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/default/scripts/rabbitmqctl
>     Control module:
> http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/default/src/rabbit_control.erl

i've recently begun writing my control scripts in escript.  always hated
all of the "-s foo bar baz" stuff.  so for a server called "f2", for
example, /etc/init.d/f2-server is a simple shell script that invokes
one of "f2 start", "f2 stop", "f2 status", etc.

it has worked out beautifully thus far.

--
Garry Hodgson
Lead Member of Technical Staff

"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are AT&T property, are
confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named
recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message
immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited."