Is there any existing library code to parse a DNS response in binary form?

Jarrod Roberson jarrod@REDACTED
Mon Nov 16 04:41:20 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 10:26 PM, Jarrod Roberson <jarrod@REDACTED>wrote:

> I am writing a native erlang Bonjour / ZeroConf implementation and need to
> parse the resulting binary DNS response I get.
> Before I start down the road of bit syntax and all that I figured something
> this fundamental had to already exist.
> When I did a Python version of this there was already library code I could
> use to parse the results.
> I have searched Google and come up with nothing useful. Thanks in advance.

ok, I found something useful without Google :-) I started digging thru the
Erlang library source and found, inets_dns:decode/1
it works like a charm, now I just need to figure out how to decode the TXT
entries and I will be 100%.

Jarrod Roberson
678.551.2852