[erlang-questions] Why Beam.smp crashes when memory is over?

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Mon Nov 9 18:40:55 CET 2009

You could run two Erlang VMs (thus, keeping the HTTP connection and
its state separate).  Then the crasher wouldn't take the other one
down.  One with the processing and one with the networking, and have
them communicate via distributed Erlang.  You should still ulimit beam
to keep the other one from getting OOM-killed though.

Assuming you can get the throughput you need, this also would
decompose some of the components, which might helps scale horizontally
later.