[erlang-questions] Dialyzer problem on OSX 10.6 (Erlang R13B02-1)

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Sun Nov 8 20:52:12 CET 2009

Tamas Nagy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am I the only one who cannot build a plt under OSX 10.6 in  R13B02-1?
>
> No matter what applications I specify for the initial plt it just hangs
> eating processing power but not producing anything.
> Erlang was installed with homebrew, but that shouldn't matter. Or maybe
> it does. (beam is compiled for 64 bit)
>
> Here is the command I used:
> dialyzer --build_plt -r
> /usr/local/Cellar/erlang/R13B02-1/lib/erlang/lib/erts-5.7.3/ebin/
> /usr/local/Cellar/erlang/R13B02-1/lib/erlang/lib/kernel-2.13.3/ebin/
> /usr/local/Cellar/erlang/R13B02-1/lib/erlang/lib/stdlib-1.16.3/ebin/
>
> I gave waiting for it to finish after ~1 hour (on an old type white
> MacBook (MacBook2,1) with 2GB of RAM).

None of the dialyzer developers has access to such a machine to see
what's happening.  Perhaps somebody else in that list might want to
report whether this is reproducible or not.

However, perhaps the following might help: when building the PLT, do you
see a message:

	Compiling some key modules to native code...

If so, can you disable hipe (64-bit Mac is not a platform we have ever
tested due to no access to such a machine) to see whether this may be
the culprit?

Kostis