[erlang-questions] Is erlang suitable to handle Constraint satisfaction problems ?

Torben Hoffmann torben.lehoff@REDACTED
Wed Nov 4 20:38:56 CET 2009

Hi Jun,

I don't think constraint satisfaction is one of Erlang's strengths.

The syntax has roots in Prolog, but that is just about it - you won't get
any of Prolog's wonderful inference algorithms.

You should look at Mozart/Oz, Prolog or <something I don't know about> for
constraint satisfaction.

Unless the frequency assignment problem is something completely different
than what I read from your description!

Cheers,
Torben

--