Compiler crashes on ubuntu 9.10

hemant <>
Tue Nov 3 16:04:10 CET 2009

I am getting compiler crashes while compiling rabbitmq-public-umbrella
package and Alice (  Typical
compile error looks like:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/hemant/alice/deps/mochiweb'
(cd src;make all)
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/hemant/alice/deps/mochiweb/src'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/hemant/alice/deps/mochiweb/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hemant/alice/deps/mochiweb'
{"init terminating in

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()

erl_crash.dump file is big and hence I am not attaching it here. But
it can be downloaded from, location.

Any idea, why is this happening?

own coals.