erlang for programming a text editor

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Tue Nov 3 14:45:27 CET 2009

Ted Henry wrote:
> Very interested to read your thoughts [on text editors in Erlang]

The desire to rewrite Emacs in my-pet-language is a form of insanity!
The only cure I know of is to actually do it, and then you'll realise
that Emacs Lisp is a great language to write Emacs in and wonder what
all the fuss is about :-)

I have a strong suspicion that loving Emacs in the 21st century is
also a form of insanity, but I'm not sure of the cure yet.. I think it
involves making friends with Smalltalk hackers :-)

-Luke

P.S. Apologies for probable poor threading of this message.