how to scale into the cloud using process? example computing simple average

Matthew Palmer mpalmer@REDACTED
Sat May 30 10:44:52 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 02:08:18AM -0600, Kid Erlang wrote:
> hi everyone.  i am still confused?  is there a good book on ERLANG to read
> on how to do multi process cloud scaling?
>
> i do not understand your answers
>
> i want to scale into the cloud

*facepalm*

The point of the answers you've been given is that the phrase "scale into
the cloud" is basically gibberish.  There's no clear definition of "the
cloud", and depending on what you think "the cloud" actually is, you could
require very different solutions.

Practically, what you probably want is a way to create lots of Erlang nodes
running a very simple program which can receive code updates and run them.
There's some examples of this sort of thing in /Programming Erlang/, and
probably lots of other places, too.

- Matt

desire for fish and an equally deep, passionate and profound desire to avoid
getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."
		-- Unknown, Seen on the 'net