[erlang-questions] Modifying an mnesia table key

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Fri May 29 09:01:06 CEST 2009

Greetings,

If you want to change the keys for all entries in a mnesia table you
have to loop over the whole table (either mnesia:foldl/3 or
mnesia:first/1, mnesia:next/2) and
1) read the object
2) delete it
3) modify it
4) write the new object.

The way the code in mnesia_schema:transform_obj/9 is written makes it
impossible to change the key. There is probably a good reason for this,
but I do not understand why.

bengt