crypto:start(). fails with sh: crypto_drv: not found on Solaris 10

Erno Palonheimo erno.palonheimo@REDACTED
Thu May 28 16:15:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've built Erlang R13B on Solaris 10. If I build a 64-bit version of it
using either Sun-supplied GCC 3.4.3 or self-compiled GCC 4.3.3, crypto
application cannot be started. This is what happens:

---

Erlang R13B (erts-5.7.1) [source] [64-bit] [smp:2:2] [rq:2]
[async-threads:0] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.7.1  (abort with ^G)
1> crypto:start().
sh: crypto_drv: not found

=INFO REPORT==== 28-May-2009::17:00:47 ===
     application: crypto
     exited: {shutdown,{crypto_app,start,[normal,[]]}}
     type: temporary
{error,{shutdown,{crypto_app,start,[normal,[]]}}}
2>
BREAK: (a)bort (c)ontinue (p)roc info (i)nfo (l)oaded
        (v)ersion (k)ill (D)b-tables (d)istribution

---

If I build 32-bit version, it works just fine. I've used truss to
compare what happens in each version when the module is to be loaded.
The truss output files are here:

http://public.mloon.com/~esp/erlang/32bit.success
http://public.mloon.com/~esp/erlang/64bit.fail

I do not have enough understanding of Erlang internals to figure out why
this happens. Does anyone know how to make it work? Are there some
specific versions of build tools I need to use besides what is mentioned
in distribution README file?