[erlang-questions] Does Wx need smp??

Angel Alvarez clist@REDACTED
Tue May 26 00:26:24 CEST 2009

Hi List

Ive just picked some opensuse R13B package for OpenSuse 11.1 and recompiled it on 10.3
I did uninstall of my current R12B and tested the new R13 but some strange things happen.

Wx complains about not my box not beiong SMP!! (in fact, it isnt )

We need SMP on Wx??

First probe new Wx examples

1> cd ("/usr/lib/erlang/lib/wx-0.98.1/examples/simple").
/usr/lib/erlang/lib/wx-0.98.1/examples/simple
ok

2> menu:start().

=ERROR REPORT==== 26-May-2009::00:13:08 ===
WX ERROR: SMP emulator required** exception error: not_smp
     in function  wxe_server:start/0
     in call from wx:new/1
     in call from menu:start/0

And also plain old toolbar requires SMP!

sinosuke@REDACTED:~> erl
Erlang R13B (erts-5.7.1) [source] [rq:1] [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.7.1  (abort with ^G)
1> toolbar:start().
<0.35.0>
2> toolbar:start().
<0.50.0>
3>
=ERROR REPORT==== 26-May-2009::00:15:44 ===
WX ERROR: SMP emulator required

What happens!?
Why SPM is needed?

May i have to check the rpm spec from some nasty smp flags?

Regards Angel

--
No imprima este correo si no es necesario. El medio ambiente está en nuestras manos.