[erlang-questions] Does Wx need smp??

Angel Alvarez <>
Tue May 26 00:26:24 CEST 2009

Hi List

Ive just picked some opensuse R13B package for OpenSuse 11.1 and recompiled it on 10.3
I did uninstall of my current R12B and tested the new R13 but some strange things happen.

Wx complains about not my box not beiong SMP!! (in fact, it isnt )

We need SMP on Wx??

First probe new Wx examples

1> cd ("/usr/lib/erlang/lib/wx-0.98.1/examples/simple").

2> menu:start().

=ERROR REPORT==== 26-May-2009::00:13:08 ===
WX ERROR: SMP emulator required** exception error: not_smp
     in function  wxe_server:start/0
     in call from wx:new/1
     in call from menu:start/0

And also plain old toolbar requires SMP!

:~> erl
Erlang R13B (erts-5.7.1) [source] [rq:1] [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.7.1  (abort with ^G)
1> toolbar:start().
2> toolbar:start().
=ERROR REPORT==== 26-May-2009::00:15:44 ===
WX ERROR: SMP emulator required

What happens!?
Why SPM is needed?

May i have to check the rpm spec from some nasty smp flags?

Regards Angel

No imprima este correo si no es necesario. El medio ambiente está en nuestras manos.
    Clist UAH a.k.a Angel
MySQL4: Bien, Usa transacciones solo si no necesitas velocidad.