[erlang-questions] Access to shared resources!!

Richard Andrews bbmaj7@REDACTED
Mon May 25 05:16:01 CEST 2009

> Hi comunity, I have a little curiosity...
>
> How to access to shared resources with Erlang code?

Send a message to a process which represents or controls the shared resource. eg. external programs are controlled by a port process; sockets are controlled by a socket process; a data cache is stored in a cache process.

All access (read, write, change) to a shared resource is serialised through the controller process mailbox.

Do you have a particular type of shared resource that is of concern? Concrete examples are easier.

      Need a Holiday? Win a $10,000 Holiday of your choice. Enter now.http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJxN2x2ZmNpBF9zAzIwMjM2MTY2MTMEdG1fZG1lY2gDVGV4dCBMaW5rBHRtX2xuawNVMTEwMzk3NwR0bV9uZXQDWWFob28hBHRtX3BvcwN0YWdsaW5lBHRtX3BwdHkDYXVueg--/SIG=14600t3ni/**http%3A//au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline/creativeholidays/*http%3A//au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/%3Fp1=other%26p2=au%26p3=mailtagline