[erlang-questions] What are the cons and pros of using Erlang rather than java to develop server backend?

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Fri May 22 22:26:39 CEST 2009

A solution using the JVM seems like it would lack scalability because of
the better process scheduling in the Erlang VM with message passing.
Most people may not need to scale to a large system, so the JVM may be
all that they require.  So to have a definitive answer you would really
need to benchmark the scalability of message passing with JVM
concurrency.  However, I think it is generally understood that the JVM
is limited by its broad scope, in ways that the Erlang VM is not.