[erlang-questions] What are the cons and pros of using Erlang rather than java to develop server backend?

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Fri May 22 20:04:25 CEST 2009

I could not agree more with Joe's comment about non-functional being
basically ignored for much too long during development!

However, I'm kind of intrigued as to what answers to the questions
posed would in practice yield an answer *other than* Erlang/OTP?

The only one that works for me is: "I'm being forced to use framework
'X' against my better technical judgement"

I'd be interested in what others think about this.

/s
(yep, I'm still drinking the Kool-Aid, and seeing no reason as yet to
stop :))