[erlang-questions] R13B prefers reference() to ref()

Vincent de Phily vincent.dephily@REDACTED
Mon May 18 18:32:33 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 22 April 2009 19:10:26 Kostis Sagonas wrote:
> Sorry about this incompatibility, but it was pointed out to us that the
> use of ref() as type is inconsistent with the rest of the language (all
> primitive types, e.g. atom(), pid(), binary(), are such that they map to
> is_* guards, and there is no is_ref/1 guard, but is_reference/1).  Also,
> using ref() is inconsistent with Edoc that also uses reference().  So we
> changed this.

If you did it for ref -> reference, how about doing it for bool -> boolean ?

I know booleans aren't technically a primitive type, but that'd still be One
Less Surpise.
--
Vincent de Phily