[erlang-questions] How to solve the blocking accept call in a tcp_listener process ?

Gamoto <>
Wed May 20 12:01:10 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I come back with my initial question because the answers seem to be derived ...
I changed the wording  by adding  "... in an OTP context, with supervision".

Initial question:
Many examples uses the async_accept primitive from the module prim_inet.
This primitive is not documented (low level) and might change or dissapear.
Do you know examples which don't use it but use a "clean" solution for the blocking accept call ?
Or could you show an elegant solution in this forum ?
J-Ph. Constantin