[erlang-questions] Java and Erlang. Russian chars

Cameron Kerr ckerr@REDACTED
Tue May 19 04:18:57 CEST 2009

Unicode support was added in R13, so you may want to consider using
that if you are serious about Unicode. Java is UTF-16 native, while
Erlang is Latin-1, which, IIRC, isn't the right character set for
Russian.

Could you show the code that you are using to read the data from the
Java program?

On 19/05/2009, at 12:20 AM, Andrey Shnayder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have integrated java and erlang, but I have a problem with russian
> chars which I send from java. It was received as, for example,
> [1081,1094,1091], although it must was appeared as
> [208,185,209,134,209,131]. However russian chars in the erlang
> function answer was normally processed by java.
> Can you help me, please? Where the problem is?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrey.

Cameron Kerr <ckerr@REDACTED>
Teaching Fellow, Computer Science, University of Otago