[erlang-questions] At what point am I "playing compiler"

Dennis Byrne dennisbyrne@REDACTED
Mon May 18 16:46:31 CEST 2009

Yes, I agree with this. I put it in a certain category of "classic
mistakes", such as the 'big rewrite' or the assumption that doubling a
team size will result in a 2x improvement in productivity.  I have
however it a little helpful to know a thing or two about the
compiler/runtime optimizations of a platform because it often allows
me to convince others just how silly some optimization efforts are.
They are also just plain fascinating.

Dennis

Dennis Byrne