[erlang-questions] {1} > 100 returns true ?!

Christian chsu79@REDACTED
Fri May 15 23:47:19 CEST 2009

Read the manual:

http://erlang.org/doc/reference_manual/expressions.html#6.11

> The arguments may be of different data types. The following order is defined:
>
> number < atom < reference < fun < port < pid < tuple < list < bit string

Defining the order is very useful for certain algorithms, such as a
binary tree with arbitrary type of keys, where you have a subtree with
keys that are less than, and one that are greater than.