[erlang-questions] Sending SNMP traps

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Thu May 14 16:40:55 CEST 2009

Hello!

I try to send an SNMP trap from erlang to an external manager
(snmptrapd from net-snmp), but it doesn't want to work. I've
configured the agent using snmp:config(), but when I try to send the
trap, I get this:
3> snmpa:send_notification(snmp_master_agent, coldStart, no_receiver,
"standard trap", []).
** exception exit: {noproc,{gen_server,call,
                                       [snmp_master_agent,
                                        {send_trap,coldStart,"standard
trap",[],no_receiver,[]},
                                        infinity]}}
     in function  gen_server:call/3

The SNMP agent seems to be running, because I can run snmpwalk against
it, so what's the problem?