[erlang-questions] Scalable Bloom Filters in Erlang

Paulo Sérgio Almeida psa@REDACTED
Thu May 14 01:25:05 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have implemented Scalable Bloom Filters in Erlang. (They are what the
name implies: a variant of Bloom Filters that can store un unbounded
number of elements while ensuring a given false positive probability.)
They make use of standard bloom filters. Both types are available in the
module. I have put the implementation in

sites.google.com/site/scalablebloomfilters/

It resorts to an external module (bitarray), and I have put two versions
there (with hipe_bifs and the array module). It is pretty efficient,
specially if hipe_bifs are used, but even with array lookups are ok. I
have not yet fiddled much with choosing a bit word size to use with array.

Regards,
/psa