[erlang-questions] linked process and after clause

Howard Yeh hayeah@REDACTED
Sat May 9 07:06:09 CEST 2009

Hi,

Does the after clause of a try clause get executed when a linked
process exits abnormally?

Process A is linked to process B, when A exits abnormally, I want B to
first do some cleanup, then die.

I tried to wrap B's loop in a try clause, with the cleanup in the
after clause, but that doesn't seem to be working. I don't want to use
trap_exit because I am afraid I'd mess up somewhere and not always
exit process B. Is there a way to do that other than checking for
'EXIT' everywhere B receives?

Howard

--
blog: www.metacircus.com