[erlang-questions] automatically delete older messages with the same tag (atom)?

Bernard Duggan bernie@REDACTED
Tue May 5 23:12:38 CEST 2009

Hi Giorgos,
	I'd be surprised if there's some inbuilt way to do this - I certainly
have never seen one.
In terms of a code snippit to do it, something like this perhaps:

--------
main() ->
   Msg = receive_latest(none, infinity).

receive_latest(LastPayload, Timeout) ->
   receive
      {interesting_message, Payload} -> receive_latest(Payload, 0);
      after Timeout -> LastPayload
   end.
--------

Cheers,