[erlang-questions] erlang-questions Digest, Vol 24, Issue 15

Andrew Thompson andrew@REDACTED
Tue May 5 02:49:14 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 06:51:16PM +0200, Per Melin wrote:
> You can't. The shell gets in the way and turns your control characters
> into a printable representation. It's been discussed before on this
> list.
>
> This works though:
>
> $ erl -noshell -eval 'io:put_chars([27|"[2J"]).' -s init stop
>
> But that helps no one.

+1 on this being really, really annoying behaviour. Would anyone from
Ericsson care to chime in on what would take to make this at least a
configurable option (leaving the annoying way as the default for
compatability)? I'll rework the old patch that's floating around the
internet if there's any hope of it being merged.

Andrew