[erlang-questions] Can escript be used from Inets?

Michal Ptaszek michal.ptaszek@REDACTED
Mon May 4 09:20:19 CEST 2009

Hello,

After a slight modification of the escript.erl file (you will find it
in the stdlib application) you will manage to run escripts without
compiling them. All you need to do is to export one more function:
escript:do_run/3.

Of course you will need to provide the path, arguments and escript
options by yourself - but it is not a very tricky task.

The Inets' 'do' callback function should then call escript:do_run
with the desired arguments.

----- "Carl McDade" <carlmcdade@REDACTED> wrote:

> I was wondering if you can run *.erl files through escript.exe via
> Inets.
> What I would like to do is to have use the httpd_example.erl
> (slightly
> modified to work with escript) rather than the beam file. This way I
> can
> play with Erlang syntax and not have to compile with each change.
>
> A good alternative would be to be able to use Netbeans to compile
> after
> saving changes to the file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --