[erlang-questions] Using Cucumber to test Erlang servers directly

wolfmanjm wolfmanjm@REDACTED
Sat May 2 09:37:07 CEST 2009

A much as I like EUnit, there are just some tools that do integration
testing very well, and one of them happens to be cucumber
http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber

I've posted a Blog article on how I use Cucumber to test an Erlang
gen_server directly by talking to the Erlang Node via JInterface and
RPC calls. Basically I wrap a simple JInterface interface up in a
JRuby wrapper which Cucumber steps can talk to directly.

http://blog.wolfman.com/articles/2009/5/2/using-cucumber-to-test-erlang-servers

This technique can be used to do BDD style integration testing of
pretty much any Erlang Node, and once Erlix is stable you won't have
to use JRuby, but could use pure Ruby.

So for those of you who like to use languages other than Erlang
occasionally give the article a read, feedback is always welcome.

Thanks