[erlang-questions] Reassigning variables

Robert Lally rob.lally@REDACTED
Thu Mar 19 17:19:39 CET 2009

I subscribe to the school of thought that code is written primarily for
people to read. It also has to compile, but that's a secondary
consideration.
Readability is directly proportional to the cost of maintaining software. In
a commercial environment readability is vital. In fact, only those with no
commercial constraints can afford to support read-only software.

I'm not suggesting that all commercial companies live up to this ideal. But
those that don't pay a premium for their mistake.

Rob Lally.

Blog : http://robertlally.com