[erlang-questions] Reassigning variables

mats cronqvist masse@REDACTED
Thu Mar 19 16:31:27 CET 2009

Camille Troillard <tuscland@REDACTED> writes:

> I find interesting (or curious) how people want to reach aesthetically
> pleasant code to read. No offense, really, it's just that I don't think it
> leads anywhere useful.

  I find it interesting that readability is regarded as something only
pointy-headed academics are interested in, and uninteresting in the
real world of commercial software.

  In my experience, code that is not "aesthetically pleasant" is
guaranteed to have this property; only its author can find the bugs.

  This is of course not a problem for a hobbyist, or perhaps even a
compiler writer. But it is the mother of bad software products.

  mats